Saturday, September 12, 2009

How do YOU watch TV?

As the new season swiftly approaches, I start to plot and plan what shows make the cut for the premium spot in my DVR, and what shows will be relegated to being recorded maybe once or twice, its fate to be determined later.

I'm one of those annoying consumers that records just about everything I plan to watch - so I can watch at my leisure, and more importantly, fast forward through the endless commercials.  How do you watch TV?  Are you one of the few that watch 'live', or do you record and watch later?  Do you have any 'can't miss' favorites?

Before I got my DVR, I had two (2) VCR's set up so I could record 2 shows at once.  With the networks constantly shifting their programming schedules (annoyingly so), getting the DVR was necessary - that way, instead of setting it up for time blocks, I could select specific shows  so if it ended up on a different day or time, I wouldn't miss that episode.

Sometimes the time shift inhibits the recording of a show, so that's when I determine if that show will solely be watched online.  CBS is notorious for not having their shows uploaded online, so sometimes I'll decide to stop watching a particular show if the time conflicts with one that takes precedence to my preferences.

The 2009-2010 Season looks to be an interesting mix.  Some days it looks like my DVR will be bombarded with favorites, others it will be getting a nice rest.  From TVGuide, here is the upcoming 2009-2010 Season Schedule:



Monday 8:00pm 8:30pm 9:00pm 9:30pm 10:00pm 10:30pm
ABC Dancing with the Stars Castle
CBS How I Met Your Mother Accidentally on Purpose Two and a Half Men Big Bang Theory CSI: Miami
The CW One Tree Hill Gossip Girl Local
FOX House Lie to Me Local
NBC Heroes Trauma Jay Leno

Chuck replaces Heroes and Day One replaces Trauma in the spring. The Bachelor will replace Dancing with the Stars midseason.


Tuesday 8:00pm 8:30pm 9:00pm 9:30pm 10:00pm 10:30pm
ABC Shark Tank Dancing with the Stars The Forgotten
CBS NCIS NCIS: Los Angeles The Good Wife
The CW 90210 Melrose Place Local
FOX So You Think You Can Dance Local
NBC Biggest Loser Jay Leno

A Scrubs-Better off Ted combo will replace Dancing with the Stars when it ends. Fox will debut Past Life at 9 pm at midseason. V will replace Shark Tank on Nov. 3.


Wednesday 8:00pm 8:30pm 9:00pm 9:30pm 10:00pm 10:30pm
ABC Hank The Middle Modern Family Cougar Town Eastwick
CBS New Adventures of Old Christine Gary Unmarried Criminal Minds CSI: NY
The CW America's Next Top Model The Beautiful Life: TBL Local
FOX So You Think You Can Dance Glee Local
NBC Mercy Law & Order: SVU Jay Leno

Human Target will replace Glee at midseason. Parenthood replacesin spring. Mercy


Thursday 8:00pm 8:30pm 9:00pm 9:30pm 10:00pm 10:30pm
ABC FlashForward Grey's Anatomy Private Practice
CBS Survivor: Samoa CSI The Mentalist
The CW Vampire Diaries Supernatural Local
FOX Bones Fringe Local
NBC SNL: Weekend Update Thursday Parks and Recreation The Office Community Jay Leno

Community moves to 8 pm and 30 Rock will air at 9:30 pm once SNL Weekend Update Thursday ends.




Saturday 8:00pm 8:30pm 9:00pm 9:30pm 10:00pm 10:30pm
ABC College Football
CBS Repeats Repeats 48 Hours Mystery
The CW Local
FOX Cops Cops America's Most Wanted Local
NBC Dateline NBC Trauma (repeat) Law & Order: SVU (repeat)

Southland repeats will replace Trauma repeats in spring.


Sunday 7:00pm 7:30pm 8:00pm 8:30pm 9:00pm 9:30pm 10:00pm 10:30pm
ABC America's Funniest Home Videos Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Desperate Housewives Brothers & Sisters
CBS 60 Minutes The Amazing Race Three Rivers Cold Case
The CW Local
FOX The OT (NFL Post-Game) The Simpsons The Cleveland Show Family Guy American Dad Local
NBC Football Night in America Sunday Night Football

Once football ends, Marriage Ref will air at 8 pm, and a two-hour Celebrity Apprentice will air at 9 pm.



Check back on Monday to see when the new and returning shows premiere, along with my picks for the new season; including what returning shows I'll be watching and reviewing this year.  Maybe some of them will be your favorites, too!

4 comments:

Liz Mays said...

You are going to try to balance computer life with tv viewing. I am so impressed with your abilities.

Other than The Good Wife and Grey's Anatomy, I'm strictly reality tv. I don't know if you watch any of that???

Mike said...

Obviously, sleep is not a priority with you! LOL! How do I watch tv? Like Al Bundy, with my hand tucked in my waistband!

Hit 40 said...

I DVR shows. Then, if I hear that they were good, I will watch it. I also do not mind "spoilers". A little information never ruins a show for me.

Anonymous said...

Hm, well I only watch a handful of shows..Drop Dead Diva, Survivor, Greys Anatomy...and My Antonio. I dont know why I am watching My Antonio. He's cute I guess. I'm a reality show junkie I think. Oh and right now the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders making the team. LOL
Isnt that ridiculous?
If I miss something I go online and watch it or some things are On Demand on cable.